What I see in literature

while I was  scrolling through prufrock and the Great Gatsby looking for examples of imagery in both of them I came across eight I had four in the prufrock and four in the great Gatsby but as I was reading them over I dint know which one was the best ones. I was asked to pick 3 to 5 examples of imagery and explain how the 3 to 5 explain the themes of the two the great Gatsby and prufrock but to be totally honest I have a very slim understanding of the two so im going to try to the best I possibliy can. So the one I came across in prufrock was " the yellow smoke that rubs its muzzle on the window panes" , "scutting across the floors of silent seas" , "to have squeezed the universe into a ball" , "combing the white hair of the waves blown back" so my understanding of prufrock is that there is this guys he is insecure about himself and he is afraid to be loved so he is lonely. I think that a perfect example of imagery would be " scutting across the floors of the silent seas" I get the image in my head of a man walking in the streets in the dark walking with his head down with his hands in his pockets and kicking stuff around that is on the streets while he is walking. So in the great Gatsby I found this example for imagery " he found the house, a weather beaten cardboard bungalow at eight a month " I didn't really get a good understanding of the book but I this is an example of how nicks house is described as. I feel like the five example are a good representation of what I saw in literature in the two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Montag The killer

Author in progress

We eat social media for breakfast